Site Meter

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

pal party: part 2

It's Wednesday, and you know what that means- time for another introduction! I've talked about him here. Maybe you've even seen him around town. But now's your chance to dig a little deeper:

JOSH BENJAMIN HULST
(aka Joshua, Joooooshua, boyyyyyfriend)
----------------
"OH. MY GOD. YOU'RE KILLING ME!"

(read more about the love of my life after the jump!)


"Oh. My god. You're killing me!": often spoken in reference to my ridiculousness. But oh, ridiculous I am, and this boy not only puts up with it, I think he may even enjoy it sometimes!

Although we attended UO at the same time for a year or so, we didn't meet until the autumn after I moved to Portland. We had several mutual friends and ran into each other every once in awhile. Every time I saw him my heart would skip a beat; I never imagined I could trick him into liking me! He bought me a drink at a Glass Candy show (Rotture, 11/20) last year and the next thing I knew we were lip locked in the parking lot. The rest is history!


STATS

FULL NAME: Joshua Benjamin Hulst
HOMETOWN: Zeeland, MI
SLEEPS: in a hole underneath some junk and stuff in north Portland
FREQUENTLY CAUGHT EATING: gravy and cheese on fries, or large amounts of fresh tomato and basil. Anything from Nostrana, Toro Bravo, Tienda Santa Cruz or Garden State.
WOULDN'T BE CAUGHT DEAD: hangin out with them babies




ONLY ONE FOR LIFE: BOTTOMLESS CUPS OF YOUR FAVORITE STEAMING SINGLE ORIGINS OR BOTTOMLESS PINTS OF YOUR FAVORITE REFRESHING BREWS. WHY?
Oh, oh, what to do? I regard my coffee times as a bit more sacrosanct than the occasional beer, and probably more enjoyable taste wise in general. It would be really hard to give up a good stout or IPA, but as long as I can still have a Sazerac or Old Fashioned my life will be livable.

$1,000,000 JUST LANDED IN YOUR LAP. GO.
Give it to an Orphan. Done.

Ok, maybe I keep some, just enough to build the smallest house ever by myself and pay all my friends' debts off. Then I would try to get rid of the rest by spending it on a few trips with said friends, and then the rest (hopefully majority of) with worthy non-profits.

WHAT'S IT LIKE TO BUILD A KAYAK?
Pretty exciting for a while, then you try to figure out why exactly you started this project. While figuring this out, you still finish it and never figure out the answer to the original question (but most likely because there isn't one). Then you decide to try and move somewhere and possibly have to sell it before it ever gets used. It will get used, and the answer might be "water." Another provisional answer is "follow through on something new that isn't work or art or anything you've done before."

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD TOY?
Definitely the Legos. Mad Legos everywhere. Don't follow instructions, don't stop til you are beyond appropriate age to be using. Markers and crayons would be a close 2nd. I also did shoot my younger brother in the leg with a BB Gun once, and then cried because I didn't want him to tell on me. I was pretty hard.

TELL US YOUR FAVORITE THING ABOUT MAKING ARTS.
An open challenge to yourself. Attempting originality. Failure. Learning. Occasional discussion. Meeting good people who also want to challenge each other and themselves. Sincerity. Trying to explain. Feeling it out. Physical, emotional and mental sweat.

&&&
---




Josh has always made me feel calm. He makes me feel like I can be a human with moods and crazy times and quiet times and silly times and it ain't no thang. When we are together I feel like this:


Yes, that's him, reaching into my open chest to give my heart a tickle.



Safer than safe (safest) to say I love this man. He gave me quite the scare (and a thrill) with an almost move to Minneapolis (I would have gone eventually, don't you worry!), and now that I know he's staying in Portland (for now) I feel spoiled. Luckiest girl in the world!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me all about it! <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...