Site Meter

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

pal party: part 1

The time has come to introduce some VIPs who will be seen Up The Stairs from time to time. These pals are the near and dear. A girl can only get so lucky, right? And every one of the following is a rainbow leading to my life's proverbial pot of GOLD!

TARA JADE STUTSMAN 
(aka Tar Tar, Tar Tar Binks)
----------------  
"I JUST WANT TO MAKE COOKIES FOR THE HOMELESS AND KNIT THEM BLANKETS AND MAKE EVERYONE FEEL AS LOVED AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE!"


(read all about this lovely lady after the jump!)



I met Tara when she was living with a mutual pal, and we became fast friends. In the last year and a half we  have ridden out a dizzying array of ups, downs,  ins, outs, overs, unders and everything in between. I can count on her for a real good time, a real tasty snack, and a whole lotta love.


STATS

HOMETOWN: Bozeman, Montana
SLEEPS: in SE Portland in a converted church with a bunch o' dudes.
FREQUENTLY CAUGHT EATING: Fuck YEAH aardvark sauce! Also, almonds and animal crackers are swell. For a favorite meal- totally a Nostrana time all the way..... 
WOULDN'T BE CAUGHT DEAD: Dating a guido. 




The oldest structure in Ladd's Addition.

WHICH IS YOUR FAVORITE & WHY: EARTHQUAKE VS. VOLCANO
Volcano - it's much more visually stunning to see a volcano erupt, and the act itself seems more cathartic than an earthquake. Also, volcanic eruptions cause their own earthquakes and thunderstorms sometimes, so THAT'S pretty cool. 

PLEASE SHARE YOUR MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT FROM THE LAST 7 DAYS.
Until this morning, it had been a midnight jaunt to the beach and sleeping in sleeping bags on the sand followed by gorging ourselves on cheese and fudge at the Tillamook cheese factory. MMMMM.

IS THERE ANYTHING YOU'D LIKE TO TELL/SCREAM/WHISPER TO SOMEONE BUT HAVEN'T YET? GET IT OFF YOUR CHEST HERE.
I've gotten out most of those little tidbits, since I seem incapable of holding anything back. I think I need to learn to play my cards closer to my chest...

ONE THING THAT SCARES YOU?
A midlife crisis. I don't want to look back with regret about choices I made or opportunities I missed. Also, crashes of any variety, particularly airplane crashes...

ONE THING THAT INSPIRES YOU?
People with a strong moral compass.  

&&& 
I loves the Portlands!! Soooo good.  

tee hee!

On this night Tara made some delicious gnocchi with lime/pepper cream sauce, spinach & peas. We also made some smoky tomato dressing- a recipe for which we promised away our first born (nah, actually we just bought Johnny, late cook at Meridian, a whisky, either on the rocks or neat I can't recall). This delectable concoction includes charred whole tomatoes, canned tomatoes, mayo, tarragon, shallots, garlic, and some secret ingredients for our eyes only!





 
This should last us a few days.


A million more adventures to come. <3


4 comments:

Tell me all about it! <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...