Site Meter

Monday, September 27, 2010

chuckles

WHOLE FOODS! I see you creepin' 'round this post... WELCOME! ;)

----------------------------------
"WHAT THE HECK? I TOLD THEM. THIS IS A SPECIALTY FOODS STORE!"


I've always known that Tara is kind of a badass when it comes to work. Within the last few month's she's been settling in (if settling is possible) to a Point Of Sale Coordinator position at the soon-to-be-open specialty grocery store, Chuck's Produce, in Vancouver, WA. I like to call Chuck's Produce 'Chuckles.' When she talks about work a lot of things I don't understand come out of her mouth, so when she invited me for a tour OBVIOUSLY I jumped at the chance! The following is an hour in her life at Chuckles.





SCONES, thanks to Erik the Baker. When Tara introduced us she told him I'd be reviewing his scones on my blog. He seemed skeptical. I got shy. I just want to say they were de-lish, all flaky and buttery like a croissant with a perfectly crisp outer layer and a delicate glaze that was not too sweet nor overused. They had cranberries in them, I think, and they went perfectly with the lemonade Tara wrestled out the freezer for me.


The kitchen. Where Erik and other food making people will make delicious food.


It really is probably 35 degrees in the place. Crawl inside the pizza oven to stay cozy!


Saying important things.



XTREME CHEESE CORN DOGS and meat from FOUR- FOUR! different countries def do NOT belong in a specialty store. Tara's working on taking care of it, okay?


Sign makins.



Shortbread and Stroopwafels, mmm.


Only 15,000,000 more codes to enter. Not daunting. Not daunting at all!




"You have GOT to be kidding me. These were entered 98 weeks ago. Now who's behind is going to get a paddlin'?"




Up the stairs.


In the 50 minutes I was there Tara's name was called no less than 9 times. She pretty much had all the answers.

Lesson learned: retail is not for the detail disoriented, XTREME cheese hot dogs are not considered 'specialty food,' if Tara asks you for some numbers you better make sure you give her those damn numbers. And ON TIME! But really, she is the sweetest. If you see her around while you're doing your shopping say hello. She has valuable recommendations to offer and knows where EVERYTHING is!
<3

-----------------
Chuck's Produce
13215 SE Mill Plain Blvd.
Vancouver, WA 98684

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me all about it! <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...