Site Meter

Thursday, September 2, 2010

direction

There are certainly some decisions to be made regarding this space: words? How many words should I use? Should I post more pictures than words and let the pictures speak with their thousands? What about the words I do happen to choose? What do they describe? Who are they referring to? Who? Who are the whos? Who do I feature on here? Who would even want to be featured? Features? WHAT'S A FEATURE? AHHHH! And so on.

I have a million ideas but I'm not sure I can tie them together without ruining what little feel of uniformity exists here in the first place. I think for now it is best to describe Lived Up The Stairs as a "lifestyle" blog. Living seems to be a theme: lived up the stairs, alive in Portland, that which makes life worth living: friends, food (!), all the things you can do and all the thoughts you can think. Lifestyle (or something like it), if only for my sake, lends to the idea that anything goes here as LUTS gets rolling. 

-------------------------------------
First order of business: HEADER PHOTO. This is new, but is it better? Maybe it will always be changing? It IS awfully bright, almost headache inducing, I'm afraid... thoughts?


Totally fair trade.








Discarded.

Coming soon to a secret place near you!


One thing I do really like about the current picture is the illusion it creates. At first glance one might think it reads lust- or better yet- slut!



Aren't these stamps just the greatest? I first used them for a love letter to Joshua. Eventually I made this:

No thank you.

"No thank you," a phrase forever in my mind thanks to Lorajean Kelley and her ever curious 2 year old, Eli. It's a life mantra. Is someone being a bitch? No thank you. Did they put bacon in your veggie scramble? No thank you. Did you just step in dog shit? No thank you! Try it. It really does work in any and all situations. Would you like a No Thank You tshirt? Holla!



We can choose to make our lives what we want them to be. I do it every day: watch and see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me all about it! <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...